100% CPU usage, JVM error 'OutOfMemoryError : GC overhead limit exceeded'

Hello everybody,

since version nexus-3.23.0-03, currently we are using nexus-3.24.0-02, nexus get stuck frequently and i do not see the cause.

We are running a CentOS 7.7 machine with openjdk version “1.8.0_242”, 16Cores, 32Gb Ram, JVM settings as provided in your documentation, installed with Distribution Archive, has 4 blobstores (500GB, 3x100GB) and also act as a proxy.

Nexus become unresponsive, all CPU Cores running at 100%, RAM usage is about 16Gb.
In logfile are many “GC overhead limit exceeded” messages regarding database. Checking database health does not show any errors.

2020-06-26 09:54:21,933+0200 ERROR [qtp54244712-2064] *UNKNOWN org.sonatype.nexus.repository.npm.internal.NpmAuditErrorHandler - java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

2020-06-26 10:07:54,789+0200 ERROR [qtp54244712-2234] *UNKNOWN org.sonatype.nexus.repository.storage.LastDownloadedHandler - Failed to update last downloaded time for request /rimraf/-/rimraf-3.0.2.tgz
com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OJVMErrorException: JVM error ‘OutOfMemoryError : GC overhead limit exceeded’ occurred during data processing, storage is switched to ‘read-only’ mode. To prevent this exception please restart the JVM and check data consistency by calling of ‘check database’ command from database console.
DB name=“component”

what is your preferred way to upload the log file?

do you have any ideas or hints where to look at?

thx in advance
marco

You can generate a support zip that contains all logs in administration menu and attach it here (it will be publicly visible), on our issue tracker or preferably using official support channel if you’re a PRO customer.

thanks for your reply.
the upload feature does not allow zip files, but i will create an issue in tracker.

@marco.huebl Did you create an issue? I think we’re seeing something similar.

Same here, we also have exactly this problem.

Were you able to resolve this? We’re seeing the same issue.

Facing Same issue, are you able to resolve this issue?.