Hosted APT repo URL reports 404

I’m new to Nexus3 and and setting up APT repositories with OSS 3.36.0 (hosted on CentOS 7 if it matters). APT proxy repositories work fine, but APT hosted repositories are not directly accessible from the repository URL. Instead HTTP access is met with a 404.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there a a work-around?
I’ve looked around a bit and not found anything similar.

The context is:

• Proxy repositories for Ubuntu distributions work as expected.
    I can apt-get, add them to the sources.list and can browse via the URL provided by the Nexus GUI.

• Hosted repositories for local packages do not work as expected.
    They allow for package uploads, apt-get, and can be added to the sources.list. But all attempts to browse via the repository URL are met with Error 404.

Do you mean with a browser, or with the apt tool?

If the answer is the former, that is expected. If it is the latter, ensure you’ve uploaded a package.

I meant interactive, visual browsing via a standard web browser. The apt tool is not available on my local machine.

Thanks for the clarification.

To close the loop…I understand that behavior for interactive browsing is expected to be:

• APT Proxy repos support browsing via the Nexus “Browse” tab.
  • APT Proxy repos support public browsing via the URL provided by the [Copy] button
  • APT Hosted repos support browsing via the Nexus “Browse” tab.
  • APT Hosted repos DO NOT support public browsing via the URL provided by the [Copy] button

Perhaps, this divergent behavior can be accommodated by layering 2 repository managers? IOW, a private background manager for the hosted repositories and a public foreground proxy manager.