How to exclude generated sources

Hi,

I am new to lift, I got my github projects analyzed and while checking the results I noticed that most of the issues are reported in generated source code (like jmh generated classes for example)

Is there a way to exclude the generated files? e.g. the maven target directory could be ignored completely

1 Like

@kakukkjeno You should be able to make use of the ignoreFiles configuration? see: Configuration Reference

1 Like

Any updates on this? AFAIK “/target/” should be ignored but it isn’t for my repo (GitHub - guhilling/cdi-test: JUnit extension for easy and efficient testing of CDI components)

Hello @ghilling ,
Did you link the wrong repository? I do not see any configuration in the repo you linked that would exclude anything.
Or was there some specific question the document linked above did not answer?
Regards,
Joe Tom

AFAIK the documentation says that ‘/target/’ is excluded automatically in maven-projects. For my project, it’s not excluded.
Attached screenshot shows as an example a file generated by “immutables”-generator

Your screenshot is cutoff but ErrorProne is not SCA (only vulnerabilities are) so per Build and .toml Details " the defaults are **/test/** and **/*.min.js". You can expand it or we can certainly look into excluding more. But seems working as designed (so to speak).
Let me know if that matches what you’re seeing.
-Joe

Thanks, I’ll try to configure the exclusion…

1 Like