Maven $revision

Hi,

I am currently trying to setup DepShield on one of my github projects using maven. In the maven pom we are using maven’s support for dynamic versions with the $revision tag (Maven – Maven CI Friendly Versions).

Unfortunately this seems to be causing issues with DepShield:

[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] ‘dependencies.dependency.version’ for com.cats:shared-common:jar must be a valid version but is ‘${revision}’. @ com.cats:audit-common:[unknown-version], /var/sonatype/defender/AuditCommon/pom.xml, line 21, column 22

Do you know if there is a resolution/workaround for this? or is this unsupported on DepShield at the moment?

Many Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

DepShield requires phases of the Maven lifecycle to be completed and it does run in a sandbox so if an external property is required to be set then you may run into problems like this. Are you able to post a link to the project so we can have a look at the pom to verify? I also wonder if you currently are required to pass in a property in order to build your project, and furthermore if its possible to provide a default?

Regards,
Collin

Hi Collin,

I have created a simple test repo (GitHub - the-corporate-action-company/DepShieldTest: DepShieldTest) which exhibits the same issue as our main project.

I am passing a default parameter using the ./mvn/maven.config file, this allows me to clone this repo and build at the command line using only mvn install, I am using maven version 3.6.2 fyi.

Many thanks,

Dave

Ahh, I see. DepShield doesn’t support the maven.config file so it isn’t picking up the default value for revision from there. If it’s possible to define the default in the <properties> section, then that might work to get it going.