Sonatype Lift Code Analysis for C# Repositories

Hello all!

I am hoping to get some advice on how one of my team members may be able to leverage Sonatype Lift for static code analysis on a repository whose primary language is C#. Having looked at the current available analysis tools for Sonatype Lift, I don’t see anything specific to C#.

A quick google search has given me a list of a few static analysis tools available to users of C#, such as CAT-NET, NDepend, Fxcop, and even the tooling already built into VSCode. Is there anything on the current roadmap for Sonatype lift in terms of adding C# analysis to the current list of tools available? We’d be happy to send a request in as well! :slight_smile:

As an additional note–Is this a case where we would be able to leverage the API to build our own tooling if necessary?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the post, Rin! We don’t currently bundle any C# tools. C# is on our roadmap, but I don’t have an ETA. In the meantime, it should be possible to add some of the tools you mentioned using our custom tools API. Info on that is available here:
https://help.sonatype.com/display/LIFT/Extending+Lift
There’s also a tutorial on this in this GitHub repo:

If you do give it a try, please feel free to reach out here with questions – we’d be happy to help you get it working!

Hello. Following up on this. Interested in using Sonatype Lift, but curious if C# integration is finally happening?

Hello William,

Thanks for reaching out. While there is some demand for C#, it has dropped from our roadmap since Stephen posted in 2021. I will be sure to update this thread if this changes in the future. C# is supported by our other Enterprise tools: Nexus, Lifecycle and Firewall along with OSS Index and its integrations. Thanks for your interest in Lift