I learned about Lift and wanted to see what kinds of results it would produce on a real repo. The first experience is that it just said “Analysis failed” without further context. Clicking on the “Tool Results” tab included the non-descriptive “Resource not found. Visit the community for help.” (which I’m doing now), and the “Build Logs” tab includes the highly suspicious text “Build logs not available”
That does not allow me as a user to know what action to take in order to unstick this mess.
I also visited the troubleshooting page in the docs where I learned about
.lift.toml and its
build keywords, which I added to the repo but it produced the exact same outcome (again, with the blank “Build Logs” tab). It was at that point that I gave up and posted here
The request is that I would want to see what Lift was attempting to do when it “failed” because trying to troubleshoot any system which gives back “Error: It didn’t work” error messages is an exercise is futility