Why BlobStoreException and can i manually delete a blob folder?

I have a task that performs the actual deletion of blobs, but its failing. I get the message

Stack-trace:
org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.api.BlobStoreException: BlobId: 76ea27ae-8e3e-4f19-9d1c-5f4bbe6ff775, java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\opt\nexus-3.37.3-02-win64\sonatype-work\nexus3\blobs\default\content\vol-09\chap-35\76ea27ae-8e3e-4f19-9d1c-5f4bbe6ff775.bytes: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
, Cause: C:\opt\nexus-3.37.3-02-win64\sonatype-work\nexus3\blobs\default\content\vol-09\chap-35\76ea27ae-8e3e-4f19-9d1c-5f4bbe6ff775.bytes: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.FileBlobStore.doDeleteHard(FileBlobStore.java:549)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.BlobStoreSupport.deleteHard(BlobStoreSupport.java:208)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.common.stateguard.MethodInvocationAction.run(MethodInvocationAction.java:39)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.common.stateguard.StateGuard$GuardImpl.run(StateGuard.java:272)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.common.stateguard.GuardedInterceptor.invoke(GuardedInterceptor.java:54)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.FileBlobStore.maybeCompactBlob(FileBlobStore.java:611)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.FileBlobStore.doCompactWithDeletedBlobIndex(FileBlobStore.java:809)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.FileBlobStore.doCompact(FileBlobStore.java:594)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.BlobStoreSupport.compact(BlobStoreSupport.java:228)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.common.stateguard.MethodInvocationAction.run(MethodInvocationAction.java:39)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.common.stateguard.StateGuard$GuardImpl.run(StateGuard.java:272)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.common.stateguard.GuardedInterceptor.invoke(GuardedInterceptor.java:54)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.compact.internal.CompactBlobStoreTask.execute(CompactBlobStoreTask.java:53)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.scheduling.TaskSupport.call(TaskSupport.java:100)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.quartz.internal.task.QuartzTaskJob.doExecute(QuartzTaskJob.java:143)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.quartz.internal.task.QuartzTaskJob.execute(QuartzTaskJob.java:106)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.quartz.internal.QuartzThreadPool.lambda$0(QuartzThreadPool.java:145)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.thread.internal.MDCAwareRunnable.run(MDCAwareRunnable.java:40)
        at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectRunnable.doRun(SubjectRunnable.java:120)
        at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectRunnable.run(SubjectRunnable.java:108)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\opt\nexus-3.37.3-02-win64\sonatype-work\nexus3\blobs\default\content\vol-09\chap-35\76ea27ae-8e3e-4f19-9d1c-5f4bbe6ff775.bytes: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:86)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:102)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.implDelete(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:269)
        at sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.deleteIfExists(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:108)
        at java.nio.file.Files.deleteIfExists(Files.java:1165)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.internal.SimpleFileOperations.delete(SimpleFileOperations.java:186)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.FileBlobStore.delete(FileBlobStore.java:682)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.blobstore.file.FileBlobStore.doDeleteHard(FileBlobStore.java:539)
        ... 25 more

What could be causing this?

When I try access the C:\opt\nexus-3.37.3-02-win64\sonatype-work\nexus3\blobs\default\content\vol-09\chap-35 folder in Windows explorer it says its corrupted. Can I simply delete it manually?

Any help/explanation what’s going on here?

The tasks gets stuck in the running mode, so I restarted the Nexus service today and manually started the blob compaction/deletion task.

I got the same email, but complaining about a different file. I go to explorer and see its not even there. I notice the other file it was emailing me about earlier is also not there.

The task says the last result was an error, but at least it finished and doesn’t sit in the running state.

I get the feeling there are multiple issues at play.