Accessing nexus in kubernetes cluster using helm fails

Hello all. First happy new year :grinning:

I found a nexus chart for Goole Kubernetes Engine here : charts/stable/sonatype-nexus at master 路 helm/charts 路 GitHub

By default, the type service created is NodePort , so In update the values.yml from NodePort to LoadBalancer

dockerPort: 5003
nexusPort: 8081
  service:
    # type: NodePort
    type: LoadBalancer

Then I installed the chart using this command :

helm install --name gara-nexus sonatype-nexus/

GKE generates an external IP adress for the service, running on the port 8080. When I try to got this IP, I got the error :

Invalid host. To browse Nexus, click here/. To use the Docker registry, point your client at < nil >.

I logs the nexus-proxy deployment and have this error :

[io.netty.util.internal.MacAddressUtil] Failed to find a usable hardware address from the network interfaces; using random bytes: 63:86:20:76:be:a5:7e:7f 2019-12-30 21:43:28,182 [INFO ] [vert.x-eventloop-thread-0] [com.travelaudience.nexus.proxy.BaseNexusProxyVerticle] Listening at 0.0.0.0:8080.

Here: Run nexus in kubernetes cluster using helm there is an answer saying that the workaround is to change:

nexusProxy:
  imageName: quay.io/travelaudience/docker-nexus-proxy
  imageTag: 2.3.0
  imagePullPolicy: IfNotPresent
  port: 8080
  env:
    nexusDockerHost: 
    nexusHttpHost: 
    enforceHttps: false
    cloudIamAuthEnabled: false

with

nexusProxy:
  imageName: quay.io/travelaudience/docker-nexus-proxy
  imageTag: 2.3.0
  imagePullPolicy: IfNotPresent
  port: 8080
  env:
    nexusDockerHost: 127.0.0.1
    nexusHttpHost: 127.0.0.1
    enforceHttps: false
    cloudIamAuthEnabled: false

I changed it, but result is the same.
I generated a static ip from my gcp console, but still can鈥檛 acess to the dashboard.

Please how could I correctly configure it and access to the nexus UI? I don鈥檛 want to use docker-registry. I don鈥檛 have a dns for the for the moment.
I spent one week without success.

Thanks in advance

I haven鈥檛 played with that Helm chart but I have been working on some recently. I have a chart for both NXRM and IQ that works (assumes nginx ingress controller) but it still needs some cleanup and to solve for SSL. You can take a lok here: GitHub - CMYanko/nexus-reference-k8s