Build fails and says kotlin-script-runtime not found in Maven Central

I have a mixed Java/Kotlin project and recently the analysis has been failing because it says Could not find artifact org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-script-runtime:jar:1.8.20 in Maven Central.

The builds in GitHub (via actions) and also on my computer work fine. And, the referenced artifact does exist in Maven Central here → Central Repository: org/jetbrains/kotlin/kotlin-script-runtime/1.8.20

Here is the full error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-plugin:1.8.20:compile (compile) on project kiwi-beta: Execution compile of goal org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-plugin:1.8.20:compile failed: Plugin org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-plugin:1.8.20 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-script-runtime:jar:1.8.20 in central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) -> [Help 1]

So, I am not sure why it cannot be resolved by Lift.

@scottleber I added the dependncy to a test project and Lift was successful. If you are still having issue (e.g. it wasn’t a Central issue) I am suspect it’s not a Lift problem (or if it is, it’s something complex about how you are using it). However, I doubt we’d be able to tell more unless you have a link to your Lift run and maybe your repo (if public).

Hi thanks for responding. I went through the Lift runs and it happened in runs after I updated to Kotlin 1.8.20. However, I just now ran an analysis manually and all Tools completed with status “Success”. I also just pushed up a small change and created a PR so that Lift would execute. and that also passed.

So, I suspect it must have been some transitory problem, perhaps some Kotlin artifacts were not synchronized yet to Maven Central, or something like that.

FYI the GitHub repo is sleberknight/kiwi-beta

Thanks,
Scott

p.s. I have tried to include the links but every time I do, I get the error: “An error occurred: Sorry you cannot post a link to that host.”

Thanks for the update.
I am not sure how Central syncs their stuff, e.g. if the Repo was down would search still work. But agree if it’s working probably something like that.

Interesting about the links. Will test:

https://lift.sonatype.com/results/github.com/joedragons/vulnado/01GXEG4BG8660E893SGC7S49VR/
UPDATE: Seems to work for me. Will let our Community Manager know.

Best,
Joe