Assume you have a Docker Registry in a NXRM installation using a S3 blob.
In order to backup the blob, I could either use versioning or copy the content to a new bucket as specified in Prepare a Backup. Assume I’m going for the second option, that is, I have now a second bucket with the content of the original bucket.
Later on, two scenarios may happen:
- New NXRM installation: whether there are software issues or just trying a new version in staging, in the event of installing a new NXRM, if I create a blob using the backup bucket and then a hosted docker registry repository using this blob, the data will not show up.
- Something happened to the data and need to restore from the blob: as the repo’s blob can’t be changed, I delete the repo and create it right again. It doesn’t matter whether I use the same bucket or the backup bucket, the data will not show up.
I’ve tried to run the following tasks:
- Repair - Reconcile component database from blob store
- Repair - Rebuild repository search
- Repair - Rebuild repository browse
Neither did anything.
Also tried to rebuild the repository index, no luck either.
So, how’s the process to backup and restore a docker registry using the S3 blob store?
I have tried bucket versioning too. It doesn’t work either. I restore the bucket to a previous version yet NXRM still shows the most recent content.