Copy blob stores from one instance to another

Hi,

my goal is to copy all repos of one Nexus instance to another one. I did this the following way:
I copied the blobs on filesystem level from one instance, to the other one, and executed a Repair - Reconcile component database from blob store task on it. It looks good to me now. Was this a proper way to solve the problem? Can I expect to have problems after doing this on the new instance?

source instance: OSS 3.15.2-01
target instance: OSS 3.18.0-01

Thanks in advance!

It can work in the way you described if both the source and the target instance have the same repositories defined in them, but that’s not really what it was designed to do. The intent of that task is to fix up differences between blob storage and the database after a restore from backup.

What were you trying to achieve? If you want to move the install to a new machine following these instructions is a better approach:

Hello, I have the situation where there are 2 Nexus environments. The first environment is on an older version of 2.x and the second is on 3.x . Both of these servers were built a long time ago and are not under config policy. I would like to migrate both environments to a new Nexus environment that is under config policy.

I have upgraded the old 2.x to the latest version and started migrating all the data to the new Nexus environment using the http transfer method. Once this is finished I would need to move the repos from old Nexus 3.x environment to the new Nexus environment. The blob store on the old Nexus 3.x is named default. Is it possible to copy blob store to new server following documentation you provided above? Would I be able to change the name of the blob store?

Thanks