Deletion of components via REST-API from a raw repository is very slow

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and possibly a solution/explanation for it.

I have setup a raw repository and I use maven site deploy to upload a website to the repo.
Before deploying a new version of the site I use a groovy script to identify all components and then delete them by the component id.
The deletion takes up to 10 seconds for only one component! The files I delete are not very lage (<1MB).

I have no idea why this takes so long and no clue how to identify the problem.
I can exclude any network issues.

Which loggers do I have to change to see some more output?

Kind Regards,
Peter

The first thing to check would be to make sure you’ve met our system requirements in this installation: https://help.sonatype.com/display/NXRM3/System+Requirements

The most requirements match. I have to check the java vm options and file system.
I’ll be back.

I double checked all the requirements and changed the jvm memory settings to
-Xms4G -Xmx4G -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=6717M

This is my config:
Nexus Version: OSS 3.15.2-01
Java: OpenJDK 1.8.0_201
16 GB RAM
4 core cpu
XFS-Filesystem

I use an dedicated operating system user account
and the file handle limits are also correctly set.

I discovered that the manual deletion of components using the ui is very fast.
Only the deletion via REST-API is slow!

It looks like there is an issue open for this: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-18816

Please follow that issue for updates.

Looks like the open issues NEXUS-18816 is closed, yet I am still seeing slow performance in 3.16.1-02.
I thought this was previously due to being on 3.6.0, but after upgrading I’m still seeing this.
Repo - 580GB
System requirements are met/exceeded.
Disk usage is at 93% and ElasticSearch is complaining about ‘allocating shards awar from this node’ but I am on a single node install.
Performance through swagger-UI was briefly very quick, but when I ran a bash/curl script neither REST nor UI is quick.

Any ideas?