Even though I assign the same version of the project to Nexus in each installation, it does not completely delete the previous one. disk keeps filling up

Even though I assign the same version of the project to Nexus in each installation, it does not completely delete the previous one. disk keeps filling up

I upload my projects to Nexus with kaniko. When I throw in my same version projects, it does not delete the previous images that I have not used, that is, it does not overwrite them.

first    I pushed: authentication:0.0.1.alpha.1 Disk Usage: 14.1 GB 
second   I pushed: authentication:0.0.1.alpha.1 Disk Usage: 14.7 GB
third    I pushed: authentication:0.0.1.alpha.1 Disk Usage: 15.3 GB

I selected Allow redeploy for the Deploy policy for the repository on Nexus.
After then
I run “Compact blob store”
But there is still a difference of 360 mb.
Disk Usage: 14.9 GB

The disk keeps filling up. What I expect is for it to overwrite automatically. How can I get it to overwrite automatically on Nexus?

Look into “compact blob store”, that will reclaim the space from the assets that have been replaced.

@mprescott Thank you for answer, I run “Compact blob store” (I forgot to write this situation, I will edit it again.)
But there is still a difference of 360 mb.

Disk Usage: 14.9 GB

There is also a docker garbage collection task which can remove unreferenced layers.

Can you tell me the task you mentioned? Where can I find it under the Tasks tab on Nexus?? @mpiggott

https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager3/nexus-repository-administration/tasks

I looked, but I couldn’t see ‘docker garbage collection task’ you mentioned.