Failed to retrieve setup steps from server - OSS 3.26.1

Hi everyone,

I just setup a new Nexus instance with a copy of our data and everything seemed okay upon first logging in but once I signed in I started getting “Failed to retrieve setup steps from server” errors. Navigating to the status tab just shows a “500 error” where the status should be. Looking in the logs, I only see the following error. Anyone seen this before and have a clue where to look to fix it?

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: RESTEASY003940: Unable to instantiate MessageBodyReader
at org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.registerProvider(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:1822)
at org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.registerProvider(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:1745)
at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.providers.RegisterBuiltin.registerProviders(RegisterBuiltin.java:148)
at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.providers.RegisterBuiltin.register(RegisterBuiltin.java:54)
… 47 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: null
at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList$COWIterator.set(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:1185)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:170)
at org.jboss.resteasy.core.MediaTypeMap.add(MediaTypeMap.java:319)
at org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.addClientMessageBodyReader(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:1123)
at org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.addMessageBodyReader(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:1079)
at org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.addMessageBodyReader(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:1045)
at org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.registerProvider(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:1817)
… 50 common frames omitted

For anyone else who might run into this problem, this was due to an incompatible version of Java being installed. I had updated from an older Ubuntu. Installing the latest openjdk 8 resolved the issue.

1 Like

According to what you said, Installing the latest openjdk 8 resolved the issue.