Help - C# - API - Upload Component - No assets found in upload

I am new to Nexus and I am trying to upload a file to a Nexus Repo. I have pulled the swagger endpoint and looked through the help documentation and everything seems to be correct, in fact it worked once prior to just stopping. I am using the following C# code to post my request to our local Nexus API instance and receiving the following error message in the response:

Status Code: BadRequest (400)

[
  {
    "id": "*",
    "message": "No assets found in upload"
  },
  {
    "id": "asset1",
    "message": "Unknown component field 'asset1'"
  },
  {
    "id": "asset1.filename",
    "message": "Unknown component field 'asset1.filename'"
  }
]

Here is my C# Code:

private bool InsertComponent()
        {
            //Local Variable Declaration
            var returnValue = false;
            var form = default(System.Net.Http.MultipartFormDataContent);
            var response = default(System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage);
            var responseStr = string.Empty;
            var responseObj = default(Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject);

try
            {
                using (var Client = new System.Net.Http.HttpClient())
                {
                    //Add the authorization token to the request header
                    Client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new System.Net.Http.Headers.AuthenticationHeaderValue("Basic", "<Base64Creds>");

//Build Form Object
                    form = new System.Net.Http.MultipartFormDataContent();
                    form.Add(new System.Net.Http.StringContent("/Website/Supplier/JoshTest"), "raw.directory");
                    form.Add(new System.Net.Http.StringContent("Josh.txt"), "raw.asset1.filename");

//Add the image to form
                    var Image = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(@"J:\Projects\Nexus Research\Josh.txt");
                    form.Add(new System.Net.Http.ByteArrayContent(Image, 0, Image.Length), "raw.asset1");

//Post to the API
                    response = Client.PostAsync(this.NexusUrlBase + "/service/rest/v1/components?repository=repo-release-packages", form).Result;

if (response.StatusCode == System.Net.HttpStatusCode.NoContent)
                    {
                        //Get Server Response
                        responseStr = response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync().Result;

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(responseStr))
                        {
                            //Convert from raw json string into a JSON Object
                            responseObj = Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(responseStr);

if (responseObj != null)
                            {

}
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            throw new Exception("Failed to insert image into digital media storage bucket. Empty Response Returned");
                        }
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        //Get Server Response
                        responseStr = response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync().Result;

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(responseStr))
                        {
                            System.IO.File.WriteAllText(@"J:\Projects\Nexus Research\error.json", Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Parse(responseStr).ToString(Newtonsoft.Json.Formatting.Indented));
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
            }

return returnValue;
        }

It did work once the other day and uploaded the text file without issue but then suddenly a few days later I started receiving the ba request error.

I have looked at the following documentation and everything appears to be correct, please help"

Are you attempting to upload a file that already exists again? If so, it sounds like you have your Deployment Policy for the repo-release-packages repository set to Disable redeploy as shown here:

@steviecoaster No this is a new file, in a new folder. I was able to initially perform the upload. I deleted the original file and folder and have not been able to upload a new to that same location or a different once since. Does that help? I am able to use curl to do it through using the exact same form tags but not calling it through C#

I’m assuming the json from your initial response is what you’re receiving:

[
  {
    "id": "*",
    "message": "No assets found in upload"
  },
  {
    "id": "asset1",
    "message": "Unknown component field 'asset1'"
  },
  {
    "id": "asset1.filename",
    "message": "Unknown component field 'asset1.filename'"
  }
]

Those id’s aren’t right. They should be raw.asset1 and raw.asset1.filename, which you are properly setting in the form data from what I can see, so I’m not sure why those are coming back that way, unless we’re not seeing the entire code.

Is there a reason this is in c#? Part of a bigger project?

Yep that is exactly what I am seeing and like it said it is so strange because the first time I ever ran it worked and then all subsequent times no matter what I do I always get that same error. We are a .NET shop and so that is the language standard that we use. That is the entire codebase that I am using minus my actual credentials and local Url path