How to allow incomming request for specific users

hello i’m new to Nexus.

i found when nexus repository doesn’t have artifacts, it automatically downloads artifacts from public repository.

what i want is only allowed users can download from public.

i found a repository option to prevent download from public
( online : If checked, the repository accepts incoming requests)

but it’s for all users…

is there any way to download artifacts from public for allowed users?

please help

Hi Jong-Hyeok!

i found when nexus repository doesn’t have artifacts, it automatically downloads artifacts from public repository.

Yes, this is correct behaviour for a proxy repository. You can learn more about different types of repositories in our documentation for Proxy Repository Concepts

i want is only allowed users can download from public
is there any way to download artifacts from public for allowed users?

It sounds like you’re trying to build a “golden repo” which is an anti-pattern. We recommend using Nexus Firewall to prevent undesired packages from entering your software supply chain, or Nexus Lifecycle to keep you protected throughout software development lifecycle.

However, if you insist on building your golden repo, you will not be able to accomplish this using proxy repository, because there is no granular permission that would allow user to only download pre-existing content and prevent from downloading new content. You can restrict what content can be served (and downloaded from remote) based on their path using either Routing Rules or Content Selectors, but this will require you to write down all allowed paths manually. If you really have to restrict your users to be able to download only the pre-approved components, you would have to use a hosted repository where you manually upload your approved content. Please believe us, this is truly terrible, terrible idea.