I am using nexus oss 3,12 and i have deployed so many artifacts under release repository but i am not able to see in nexus UI Browser but when i search those artifacts i am able to find out. What could be this discrepancies?

Hi,

I am using nexus oss 3,12 and i have deployed so many artifacts under release repository but i am not able to see in nexus UI Browser but when i search those artifacts i am able to find out.

What could be this discrepancies?.

You might try running the “Rebuild repository browse” task (the name might have changed since that version, but I don’t recall for sure). It’s possible that your browse tree is out of sync with the components in the database and that would regenerate the tree.

Thanks, I have already scheduled this task once in a month but looks like still this browsing issue persist. I have scheduled delete snapshot and compact blobs task as well to clean space on disc.
is there any other reason which cause this browser issue?

so again running manually" Rebuild repository browse” task will solve the problem? apart from that i can see rebuild index in repository settings will this help here?

Potentially - internally we have database tables that represent your content, then a special browse table for the tree, and an elasticsearch index for the search results. I’m not sure why, but it seems that you have a difference between your search results and the browse tree. Rebuilding the search index or the browse tree might be required to fix the issue. This shouldn’t normally get out of sync. The more useful thing to determine is whether the search results are incorrect or the browse tree. You can probably determine which by trying to download content that is visible in one but not the other I suppose.

I’d suggest trying to upgrade to a newer version of Nexus, there have been a lot of improvements & bug fixes over the past 2-years and its possible what you’re encountering doesn’t happen on recent versions.

could you please help me understanding on below task what it does.

1)delete snapshot

2)compact blobs

https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager3/system-configuration/tasks

Thanks Matt, I am using proxy repository in nexus to download artifacts from maven central but some of the artifacts not able to download. Could you please help me.

what is the backup plan before implementing any disc clean up?

do we need to take back up blobs?

I am getting below error and nexus service is down
2020-10-15 09:38:37,832+0000 WARN [qtp-80527031-9579] *SYSTEM org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill -
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory::Please use appropriate ‘’ via -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=

could you please help here.

I am not running any task to clean up snapshot repository data.but very frequently i see data get deleted from snapshot repository and i can not see those data on the Nexus3 browser. How can we restore data on the browser.? and how can we stop deleting data from Nexus.
Could you please help me here.