Invert the component usage cleanup criteria

I understand the cleanup policy criteria are additive, i.e. setting component age to 14 days and component usage to 7 days will remove components not downloaded in the last 7 days, but only if they are at least 14 days old.

But there’s a problem here, which is that if component age is less than the component usage, it is meaningless to include.

What I would like is to set component age to 3 days, and component usage to 7 days, so that components are removed if they are 3 days old and haven’t been downloaded. If someone downloads a component within the first 3 days, then the second condition will retain it for another 7 days. This is the behaviour I’m trying to achieve with this policy.

The component usage criteria would need to change. Instead of “Remove components that haven’t been downloaded in:” it would be “Retain components that were downloaded within the last:”

Hi Delany,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is a gap and I’ll take this feedback forward as we continue to do discovery how to improve our existing cleanup policies.

Do you have any workarounds in place?

Thanks,
Abrash
Product Manager @ NXRM

Im not working in an environment of such high constraints as to necessitate a workaround. Its a nice-to-have.