Is it possible to set a certain size for a blobstore or a repository?

I am learning to use Nexus and I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to.

I would like to have several blobstorage, and within each one a series of groups, so that only certain users can access certain repositories, something that I have currently been able to do, but what I would like to know is if it is possible to set a size limit for each blobstorage, since I have researched on the net and I have not found anything. In the documentation it appears that it is possible to set the desired size, but I don’t know if it is due to the version I have 3.30 but I don’t see that option, I only see the warning option in terms of remaining capacity. Therefore, I would like to know where the maximum size of a blobstorage comes from, since when I create them the size does not appear, but then when they are listed if (I understand that it may be related to the size of the disk I have).

Is it the size of the filesystem where the file associated to that BlobStore is hosted? If so, would it make sense to create separate FSs per BlobStore/repository to limit the size of each repository?

Thanks!

We currently only provide a soft-quota option. See Configuring Blob Stores for details.

But I just don’t get it. Within the “soft quota” there is an option to warn the user that there is x amount of space left, but if you can’t set a default size for a blob, what is this option for?

For example, if I have a capacity of 600 GB and I have 3 blobs, each one has a capacity of 600 GB, given that they take the maximum, but at most they should have 200, so I don’t understand why you can’t set a limit or know the size of a blob after its creation, given that the blobs I have all have the same free space.