Issue Migrating NXRM Data

I currently have NXRM 3 running and am trying to migrate the date from one server to the other.

As I understand it there are three directories in Nexus’ architecture.

1. Application - I have installed a fresh instance of Nexus into /app/nexus
  2. Data Directory - stores config data. I currently have my existing Nexus server putting this to AWS EFS drive which I have mounted to /data-test on the root
  3. Blob storage - we have this on S3 so not too worried about this.

I have updated the app/nexus/bin/nexus.vmoptions to point to .data-test (example vmoptions below).
However, it appears that after restarting Nexus service it is still pointing to the initial data directory within /app/nexus/. None of my configuration appears to have migrating although the page renders. If I rename /app/nexus/data to /app/nexus/data-backup I begin to get a 504 Bad Gateway which confirms my suspicion that it is still using this and not the migrated EFS data.

What am I doing wrong?
Here is my vmoptions:
-Xms1200M
-Xmx1200M
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+UnsyncloadClass
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Dkaraf.home=.
-Dkaraf.base=.
-Dkaraf.etc=etc
-Djava.util.loggin.config.file=/data-test/etc/java.util.logging.properties
-Dkaraf.data=/data-test
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/data-test/tmp
-Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=false

Thanks
Barry

From your description it sounds like “/data-test” was not the top level of the existing data directory. What was at that location when you started this? It should have looked something like this:

backup/
blobs/
cache/
db/
downloads/
edition_pro
elasticsearch/
etc/
generated-bundles/
health-check/
instances/
kar/
keystores/
lock
log/
orient/
port
restore-from-backup/
tmp/
upgrades/

My data-test directory contents look like this:
blobs/
cache/
data/
db/
elasticsearch/
etc/
generated-bundles/health-check/
instances/
jenkins/
keystores/
lock/
log/
logback/
orient/
port/
tmp/

As far as i can tell this should be the same data as I have in the server that I am migrated from. I have mounted the data on AWS EFS so the volume is shared between existing server and new server… i.e. the mounted drive on both machines is pointing to exactly the same place.

Thanks

What is in the “data” directory? That’s not a directory that Nexus makes.