Migrate repository from Archiva to Nexus 3

I found documentation to migrate to Nexus 2 but I have not found anything for Nexus 3. Does anyone know of any guidelines for doing this?

Hi @mapeterson and welcome back. I don’t believe we have any official documentation for this currently but in the meantime, this may prove helpful: nexus3 - migrating from Apache Archiva to Nexus 3 - Stack Overflow

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, @mfrost
I am trying to migrate from Archiva to Nexus 3.51.0, is this possible without going to Nexus 2 first and then to Nexus 3.51?

Asking this question again as the last answer form @mfrost is nearly 2 years old.

I was looking at Migrating from Archiva but the folder structure of Nexus 3.51.0 is different, I can’t find sonatype-work/nexus/storage/.
Where does Nexus 3.51.0 store the repositories?

Please help.

Thanks
Naushad

1 Like

@naushadnaleer We don’t have updated recommendations for migrating from Archiva to Nexus Repository 3, we don’t hear about Archiva very much any more!

As you say, the on-disk format is different, so the approach that worked with Repo 2 won’t work. You can either follow the Archiva-to-Repo-2 instructions then migrate from 2 to 3, but if you have a relatively simple setup you might instead look at using the Repository 3 Pro Import functionality. If Repo 2 could ingest Archiva’s on-disk format, then the import may well be able to as well.

1 Like

@mprescott
Thank you.

Do you know where can I download Nexus 2 Free edition from?

Thanks

https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager2/download

Thank you @mprescott
Can you please let me know how often Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager is released (release cycle) per year?
How often a major release is done?

Thank you

Sonatype Nexus Repository 3.x is currently released approximately every two weeks. We do quarterly launches announcing any major new features, but the features themselves may have appeared slightly earlier in one of the bi-weekly releases. We don’t have a pre-set schedule for major releases.