Nexus does not find maven archetype for GWT Broyer Maven plugin

Running this command outside of my employer’s firewall works correctly, but inside my company, I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate (default-cli) on project my-ui: The desired archetype does not exist (net.ltgt.gwt.archetypes:modular-webapp:LATEST) → [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.0:generate (default-cli) on project my-ui: The desired archetype does not exist (net.ltgt.gwt.archetypes:modular-webapp:LATEST)

The command is:

mvn -e archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=net.ltgt.gwt.archetypes -DarchetypeVersion=LATEST -DarchetypeArtifactId=modular-webapp

The web page for the Broyer GWT plugin is at: Maven Plugin for GWT – Introduction

Its not clear to me what this has to do with Nexus Repository Manager.

Because my employer uses a Nexus repository to get software. the local maven goes to it for software. We do not have direct access to the central maven repository.

Sounds like you need to configure maven to use your company’s repository manager then? Maybe look at Maven Repositories for more information about how to do that.

No, it is able to get other software just fine. Why the issue with just this one?

Probably you should talk to maintainers of your Nexus instance.