NEXUS Repository 3 - YUM Hosted - No metadata for package

Hello Team,

I need some help to understand an issue with my Nexus Repository OSS v3.
I created a YUM Hosted repository to host default repo from a Redhat CDROM.
So i used CURL to post all my RPMS from a local folder, structured as described below:

RPMS
->8
---->AppStream
-------->Packages
--------> repodata
---->BaseOS
-------->Packages
--------> repodata

After upload i can find same structure in my repository.
When i perform a yum update command, repo are correctly detected and no issue appear.

When i try to install nginx package,for example, my system return :
No available modular metadata for modular package

and the install stop.

There are my tries:

• Tested with repodata folders from CDROM
  • Tested without repodata folder, nexus create one as expected after 60sec
  • Tried to force rebuild from tasks menu (I can see in log process run smoothly without error)

Anybody had a similar issue or some knowledge to help me ?

Thanks.

RB

Ok i think i find the issue.
It seems the metadata problem only appear when i need to install a “module” rpm.
In my repodata folder on my nexus repo, it miss module.yaml.gz.

I tried to upload it manually but nexus did not use it because it’s not referenced in repomd.xml :confused:

I continue my investigation.

RB

They aren’t currently supported - [NEXUS-22160] Yum support for modules.yaml - Sonatype JIRA

Wanted to see if this was ever resolved (I cannot access the link in the last reply). I am attempting to host modular RPM packages on Nexus and am getting:

“No available modular metadata for modular package ‘httpd-2.4.37-56.module+el8.8.0+18758+b3a9c8da.6.x86_64’, it cannot be installed on the system”

I have the Nexus repo setup as a yum format with depth 0 (rpms are all at root).

I attempted to create the metadata using createrepo_c locally and attempted to upload to the repodata directory on Nexus but it doesn’t allow it.

Does Nexus have functionality to generate modular metadata itself yet, or is there some other method to go about hosting modular RPM packages in a Nexus repo?