Nexus Repository Manager 3.x - Experimental .deb

Application-x-deb
How do I use it?
Very carefully. :wink: This Debian Installer is very much un-tested, and shared with the goal of finding out how it can be improved - and because Vincent asked for it.

initial installation:

sudo apt-get install ./nexus-installer-3.15.2-01-linux-deb.deb

This will install into /opt/sonatype/

The installer does NOT setup daemon links. If you want to run Nexus Repository Manager as a service, after running the installer you need to run the following commands.
see: Run As A Service

sudo ln -s /opt/sonatype/nexus-3.15.2-01/bin/nexus /etc/init.d/nexus
sudo update-rc.d nexus defaults
sudo service nexus start

Where do I get this?
This .deb file: nexus-installer-3.15.2-01-linux-deb.deb

To do some ā€œupgradeā€ testing, you can use this newer .deb file: nexus-installer-3.16.1-02-linux-deb.deb

Who can I contact about it?
This installer is not officially supported. Please report any issues you find by commenting on this topic (do not report to Sonatype Support).

COMPANY:
Sonatype

2 Likes

Thanks to Vincent for giving this installer a spin. Some feedback follows:

• We gave it a spin and it worked fine. the one thing thatā€™s hard to test, obviously, is the upgrade transition because thereā€™s not a second package to test with and i hadnā€™t spent time to explode the deb, increment the control information and modify the folder structure and repackage it.

Good point! Iā€™ll try to put another .deb installer here when the next release ships to help with testing ā€œupgradeā€.

New .deb installer link added to original topic (for ā€œupgradeā€ testing).