Nexus version and email

Good morning
I’m Lorenzo and I created an account on SonaType to be able to distribute my artefact on MavenCentral with the help of the Nexus Repository Manager.

I use is a remotely hosted Nexus Repository Manager for which I did not have to download nor configure anything. That is currently at version 2.14.20-02 and I was wondering if there is a way to pass to a more upgraded version.

Also, when I go to the “profile” there, the email I see cannot be changed because it says “Externally configured users are read-only (LDAP)” and I was wondering what does that mean, or better how can I manage to change that email address.

I need to do that because I don’t receive emails at the specified address during the deployment of my artefacts, but I see that they are sent in the various steps

Thank you very much for your help

Good morning Lorenzo

I use is a remotely hosted Nexus Repository Manager for which I did not have to download nor configure anything. That is currently at version 2.14.20-02 and I was wondering if there is a way to pass to a more upgraded version.

Yes, you can upgrade existing 2.x to newer 3.x version, you can find more information about it in Upgrading from Nexus Repository Manager 2, but it sounds like it is your service provider who will have to do that for you.

Also, when I go to the “profile” there, the email I see cannot be changed because it says “Externally configured users are read-only (LDAP)” and I was wondering what does that mean, or better how can I manage to change that email address.

NXRM allows to edit accounts that are managed by NXRM itself, but when user accounts are managed externally, like in your case using LDAP, then NXRM can not edit them. It means that you will have to update your profile in LDAP. If you don’t know how to do that you will have to ask your service provider.

This forum is for Nexus repository, if you’re having trouble with Central or OSSRH you should follow the information outlined there - https://central.sonatype.org/pages/help/

For questions related to publishing to Maven Central via OSSRH (and which aren’t addressed by our documentation site, central.sonatype.org), please create an issue in this JIRA Project:

https://issues.sonatype.org/projects/OSSRH

1 Like

Thank you Dawid
In your answer you mention a couple of times my “service provider” but I have no idea what you mean by that.
I setup this deployment in my Android project following a guide I found online and I got my namespace after I wrote this ticket https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-61371

Sorry, I thought you were using some third party NXRM. Since you’re using the NXRM provided by Maven Central, please take a look at the response above from Joel. You should be able to find your answers on the page he linked.

Thank you Joel
I’m trying to open a ticket but I had forgotten my password so I just went (twice) through the recovery flow but every time I set the new password and then try to log in with it I get this message

You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your Jira administrators