Numerous 404 when Upgrading Nexus 2 OSS to Nexus 3 OSS

I am attempting to upgrade Nexus 2.14.20-02 OSS to Nexus 3.32.0-03 OSS. I am using the Upgrade capability to perform the migration between separate machines. Both Nexus installations are behind an Apache reverse proxy configured according to Sonatype guidelines. During the upgrade I am seeing numerous 404s in the “Process changes” item. For example:

2021-Jul-28 16:44:32 Failed processing of CREATE yarn:broccoli. HTTP 404 Not Found
Failed processing of CREATE yarn:broccoli. HTTP 404 Not Found

I have heard from Joe Tom that the use of the reverse proxy on the Nexus 2 side might have something to do with the problem.

For anyone else who finds this post, the solution was to bypass the reverse proxy on the Nexus 2 side. In other words, I specified the direct URL to the Nexus 2 instance in the Nexus 3 upgrade wizard. Apparently, there is something in how the Nexus 3 upgrade wizard works that does not like going through a reverse proxy or there is some Apache configuration magic required on the Nexus 2 system side. In any case, I do not want a PhD in this topic so I just bypass the reverse proxy for the upgrade.