Official RHEL repo sync

hello everybody,
please I need to Update a repo on my Nexus, it is an official redhat repo named:

rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms

Now to do this, I sync it in a local server that it can access to the RedHat repo, with this command:

reposync -n -p /data --download-metadata --repo=rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms

and only after this I copy the entire repo to my Nexus, with this:

find . -type f -exec curl -v -k --user ‘user:pwd’ -T {} name.it - name Resources and Information. ;

The problem is that the entire repo sizing 63GB and I am unable tu push only the new or changed rpm.
There is a chance to sync the Nexus directly with the redhat pubblic repo ?

thank you very much for every contributes,
regards
Stefano

I’m not sure if this will work or not but use ‘find’ with the ‘-mmin’ argument. This will find any files modified in the last XX minutes.

find . -type f -mmin -30 …

Make a note of the time you start your reposync and then calculate the amount of time it took and then add a few minutes to that and supply that number to -mmin.

Curious that the Nexus Repository Manager can’t pull down ALL the files immediately or en-masse.

Here’s a very hacky way to pull the files: Create an Apache web server on your ‘reposync’ server. Have the reposync process put all of the files in the /pub directory of your apache server. Then point the Nexus server to your reposync server. Then, from any other server, set up a reposync to the Nexus server. The Nexus server will then contact your original reposync/Apache server for everything it needs. On the third server, you can just delete all of the files as they get ‘reposyncd’ so you won’t need much space. Yeah, that’s kinda hacky but it’ll work.