Nexus OSS 3.12.0-01
I had accidentally deleted the admin role mapped to AD, got the LDAP authentication working again as per this thread.
Following is the process I am using:
- There is a repository named fuma-components which should be accessed only by a couple of users
- I created a Nexus role viz. admin-fuma-components which has privileges like nx-blobstores-read, nx-repository-admin-maven2-fuma-components-*, nx-repository-view-maven2-fuma-components-browse etc.
- Assigned this role to AD users who need access to the repository
This approach worked fine for months till I faced the admin lock-out issue yesterday and got it working. Now the privileges and roles don’t work at all:
- I gave one of the users the privilege of ‘nx-admin’, still he can neither see any repository or upload artifacts to those repos.
- even if I create duplicate roles for the same repos. and assign those the users, they still cannot see or access the repositories. I cannot see any exceptions in the nexus.log either.