RESTEASY004655: Unable to invoke request error while upgrading from OSS 2.14.5-02 to 3.20.1-01

Hi Team,

I got the following error whiled doing migration from Nexus Repository Manager OSS 2.14.5-02 to OSS 3.20.1-01
Both version are running docker.

Error: RESTEASY004655: Unable to invoke request error

Could you please anyone help on it what is the issue and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Vijay

Explaining more details.

OSS 2.14.5-02:

1. Running on docker with the URL http://IP:4000

I followed the instruction to configure capabilities which is there in YouTube

OSS 3.20.1-01:

I am trying to upgrade i got the error RESTEASY004655: Unable to invoke request

Thanks,
Vijay

It looks like Nexus Repo 3 is not able to contact Repo 2. Check the nexus.log for more information.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for direction.
Yes, there is error “No route to host (Host unreachable)”, Please find the attached logs.

both the dockers running same IP address. Only difference is port numbers.

How we could solve this issue?

Thanks,
Vijay

“No route to host” means a network connection can’t be established. Ensure that the two hosts can reach each other via the network.

Hi Rich,

After resolve the issue for host connection, Got the following error “Cannot upgrade nexus/OSS/2.14.5-02 to nexus/OSS/3.20.1-01, Nexus Repository Manager 2.14.13-01 or higher is required”

Seems like need to upgrade first to Nexus Repository Manager 2.14.13-01 then upgrade to nexus/OSS/3.20.1-01

Can you able to share the some link or steps to upgrade from OSS 2.14.5-02 to 2.14.13-01 ?

Hi,

Which Data Transfer Methods need to use if 2 docker running with in the same machine.?
ports are different.

Thanks,
Vijay

Rich, Can you please give guidance on it?

It is not clear what your setup is… are these two different docker images, or are they both in the same?

But basically… if both instances are on the same machine, and on the same disk, use the hard linking method. That is the fastest by far.

If they are on the same machine, but on different disk volumes use file copy.

If they are on different machines you’ll need to use http transfer. That will be a lot slower though.

Rich