Just started using S3 for Nexus blob storage. My instance and bucket are both in the same region. I’ve noticed a significant decrease in performance between S3 and EBS. My setup is as follows:
Using 3.15.2-01 OSS
Each of the following use EBS blob store:
- npm hosted repo: npm-test
- npm proxy repo: npm-test-proxy (proxying npmjs.org)
- npm group repo: npm-test-group (includes the above two)
Each of the following use S3 blob store:
- npm hosted repo: npm-test2
- npm proxy repo: npm-test2-proxy (proxying npmjs.org)
- npm group repo: npm-test2-group (includes the above two)
The EC2 instance is a c4.xlarge.
Average npm install results are:
- npm-test-group: 9-12 seconds
- npm-test2-group: 34-37 seconds
The connection between the EC2 instance and the bucket uses Assumed Roles to connect, so no security config was needed on the Nexus side.
Is this kind of performance degradation known by Sonatype? Any recommendations?