Sonatype Nexus OSS 3.41.0-01 and LDAPS : failed to connect

hI,

I’m using nexus OSS 3.41 and I want to acces to my Activive Directory with LDAPS

When I use LDAP, it’s OK, Nexus is connected to my AD.
BUT
When à use LDAPS, I have the following error :
Failed to connect to LDAP Server. Please check the monext.net:636 and authentication are correct.

more log :

2022-11-14 14:09:41,738+0000 ERROR [qtp1209255336-86]  admin org.sonatype.nexus.extdirect.internal.ExtDirectExceptionHandler - Failed to invoke action method: ldap_LdapServer.verifyConnection, java-method: org.sonatype.nexus.ldap.internal.ui.LdapServerComponent.verifyConnection
java.lang.Exception: Failed to connect to LDAP Server. Please check the monext.net:636 and authentication are correct.
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

Could someone tell me why and how to resolve it ?

Note : I already use LDAPS for Nexus 2 and it’s OK.

note2 : I use docker

Thanks,
Michel

@michel13,

From your description, these are my assumptions. Please confirm.

1. Your LDAP server supports LDAPS since you could use it with Nexus 2
  2. You’ve configured both Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 to use the same host, port, and credentials for your LDAPS server.

Further questions

1. You stated you use Docker. Are you using Docker for Nexus 2, Nexus 3, and your LDAPS server?
  2. If so, are they all hosted in the same environment?
  3. If not, could the network or DNS server be different enough between the servers to cause connectivity issues with one and not the other?

Hi,
I used LDAPS since Nexus2 (but it’s not a docker version)
Yes I put the same LDAP configuration on the 2 versions of Nexus

LDAPS serveur is not in a docker
After several tests, I can “view certificate” and save it in in my truststore. But when I want to verify my connection I have the following error :
Failed to connect to LDAP Server. Please check the www.net:636 and authentication are correct.
java error :

2023-02-14 14:10:35,374+0000 ERROR [qtp1244878109-90] admin org.sonatype.nexus.extdirect.internal.ExtDirectExceptionHandler - Failed to invoke action method: ldap_LdapServer.verifyConnection, java-method: org.sonatype.nexus.ldap.internal.ui.LdapServerComponent.verifyConnection
java.lang.Exception: Failed to connect to LDAP Server. Please check the monext.net:636 and authentication are correct.
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:83)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:105)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:250)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.ldap.internal.ui.LdapServerComponent.verifyConnection(LdapServerComponent.groovy:184)
        at com.palominolabs.metrics.guice.ExceptionMeteredInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionMeteredInterceptor.java:23)
        at com.palominolabs.metrics.guice.TimedInterceptor.invoke(TimedInterceptor.java:26)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.validation.internal.ValidationInterceptor.invoke(ValidationInterceptor.java:53)
        at org.apache.shiro.guice.aop.AopAllianceMethodInvocationAdapter.proceed(AopAllianceMethodInvocationAdapter.java:49)
        at org.apache.shiro.authz.aop.AuthorizingAnnotationMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuthorizingAnnotationMethodInterceptor.java:68)
        at org.apache.shiro.guice.aop.AopAllianceMethodInterceptorAdapter.invoke(AopAllianceMethodInterceptorAdapter.java:36)
        at org.apache.shiro.guice.aop.AopAllianceMethodInvocationAdapter.proceed(AopAllianceMethodInvocationAdapter.java:49)
        at org.apache.shiro.authz.aop.AuthorizingAnnotationMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuthorizingAnnotationMethodInterceptor.java:68)
        at org.apache.shiro.guice.aop.AopAllianceMethodInterceptorAdapter.invoke(AopAllianceMethodInterceptorAdapter.java:36)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.dispatcher.DispatcherBase.invokeJavaMethod(DispatcherBase.java:142)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.dispatcher.DispatcherBase.invokeMethod(DispatcherBase.java:133)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.extdirect.internal.ExtDirectDispatcher.invokeMethod(ExtDirectDispatcher.java:82)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.dispatcher.DispatcherBase.dispatch(DispatcherBase.java:63)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.processor.standard.StandardRequestProcessorBase.dispatchStandardMethod(StandardRequestProcessorBase.java:73)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.processor.standard.json.JsonRequestProcessor.processIndividualRequest(JsonRequestProcessor.java:502)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.processor.standard.json.JsonRequestProcessor.processIndividualRequestsInThisThread(JsonRequestProcessor.java:150)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.processor.standard.json.JsonRequestProcessor.process(JsonRequestProcessor.java:133)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.router.RequestRouter.processJsonRequest(RequestRouter.java:83)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.servlet.DirectJNgineServlet.processRequest(DirectJNgineServlet.java:632)
        at com.softwarementors.extjs.djn.servlet.DirectJNgineServlet.doPost(DirectJNgineServlet.java:595)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.extdirect.internal.ExtDirectServlet.doPost(ExtDirectServlet.java:137)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doServiceImpl(ServletDefinition.java:290)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doService(ServletDefinition.java:280)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.service(ServletDefinition.java:184)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.DynamicServletPipeline.service(DynamicServletPipeline.java:71)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:85)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:112)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:82)
        at com.codahale.metrics.servlet.AbstractInstrumentedFilter.doFilter(AbstractInstrumentedFilter.java:112)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:82)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:61)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.executeChain(AdviceFilter.java:108)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.doFilterInternal(AdviceFilter.java:137)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:66)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.executeChain(AdviceFilter.java:108)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.doFilterInternal(AdviceFilter.java:137)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:66)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:450)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.security.SecurityFilter.executeChain(SecurityFilter.java:96)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:365)
        at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90)
        at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83)
        at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:387)
        at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:362)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.security.SecurityFilter.doFilterInternal(SecurityFilter.java:112)
        at com.sonatype.nexus.licensing.internal.LicensingRedirectFilter.doFilter(LicensingRedirectFilter.java:116)
        at com.codahale.metrics.servlet.AbstractInstrumentedFilter.doFilter(AbstractInstrumentedFilter.java:112)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.internal.web.ErrorPageFilter.doFilter(ErrorPageFilter.java:79)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.internal.web.EnvironmentFilter.doFilter(EnvironmentFilter.java:101)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.internal.web.HeaderPatternFilter.doFilter(HeaderPatternFilter.java:98)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.DynamicFilterPipeline.dispatch(DynamicFilterPipeline.java:104)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:133)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.bootstrap.osgi.DelegatingFilter.doFilter(DelegatingFilter.java:73)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doFilter(FilterHolder.java:201)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Chain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1601)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:548)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:602)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1624)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1434)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:501)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1594)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1349)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
        at com.codahale.metrics.jetty9.InstrumentedHandler.handle(InstrumentedHandler.java:239)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:146)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:516)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:388)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:633)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:380)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:277)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$DecryptedEndPoint.onFillable(SslConnection.java:555)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection.onFillable(SslConnection.java:410)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$2.succeeded(SslConnection.java:164)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:338)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:315)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:386)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

I found the issue.

It was a trouble with my LDAP. There wasn’t the url in the san.

No problem with nexus…