UI should re-authenticate if authentication expires/fails

Observed Behaviour

If your session expires (for whatever reason) and you attempt to visit a link requiring authentication, the UI won’t attempt to re-authenticate the user. You will be stuck on a grey screen with a spinner until you completely clear your session.

Response { type: "basic", url: "https://lift.sonatype.com/api/v1/user", redirected: false, status: 401, ok: false, statusText: "Unauthorized", headers: Headers, body: ReadableStream, bodyUsed: false }

(Admittedly, this may not be representative of normal use as I intentionally deleted my cookies to reproduce this issue).

Expected Behaviour

If calls to Lift’s API fail with a 401 error, the user should be re-authenticated.

1 Like

Super late FYI, but Sonatype did ticket this internally and presumably will update here when resolved. I just noticed a ticket pointing to this thread looking at something else. I have no knowledge of priorities but I know it can be frustrating to give feedback and hear nothing, so thought I’d relay. Thanks for the input!

1 Like

In my test today, I saw this behavior currently exhibits a 404 which includes a link to relogin. I know we are talking about a better prompt to do so (different ticket) but am curious if you or anyone else still sees the grey screen. As far as I can tell that no longer occurs.

I also brute force cleared cookies so I suspect if it does it’s something more subtle like the way the expiry occurs.