Upgrade Failed from 2.14.19.01 to Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager OSS 3.29.0-02

Hello,

We were on version 2.6.3-01 so we decided to upgrade to 2.14.19.01 all the things we smoothly and we could see all the data repositories available without any issues.

next step was to move on to 3.x so we decided to upgrade from 2.14.19.01 to Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager OSS 3.29.0-02, followed the upgrade process properly, 3.x application started successfully when the came about for data migration i selected the default SLOWEST way to upgrade, the data we have is of around 9.x TB

Initially Synchronizing under Upgrade in 3.29.0-02 started ver well but now its been 1 week and what i see is 35 SCAN repositories Failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Scan failed FAILED 5%
Process changes 1002815 processed (426 failed), 1 day 15hours since last changes, press “Continue” RUNNING 0%

It says to press on Continue but the option is not available to click and move ahead.

I’m new to Sonatype nexus and has got this task of upgrade. Can somebody please help me with this?

I would say you should look at the logs to see what failed.

1 Like

I agree with Matthew tho I do believe there’s a minor bug it will say continue but if there’s a blocking issue you cannot. So what you see is not surprising depending on the issue.
-Joe