Upgrade from 2.14.3 to 3.x

Hi,

We are currently using nexus repository 2.14.3 with java version 1.8.0_151 running in Ubuntu. We want to upgrade to 3.x version but we found out that we first have to upgrade from 2.14.3 to 2.14.8 onward version before upgrading to 3.x.

Now we want to keep our existing nexus instance untouched and running through out the whole process. So after we have two versions 2.14.3 ( Currently running ) and 3.x (Newly upgraded) running side by side we will shut the old instance down.

I have searched the documents but could not find the approach for this type of upgrade.
So is there any way we can achieve this or what should be the approach for this?

You must upgrade the Nexus Repo 2.x instance to the latest release (2.14.12) first, there isn’t any other way to do this. Don’t upgrade it to anything other than that, you want to make sure you have all bug fixes for the upgrade process in the 2.x instance before attempting the 3.x upgrade.

Once you’ve done the 2.x upgrade, you can upgrade to 3.15.2. The Nexus Repo 2.x version can still be used while this upgrade is running, and it will not be changed by the upgrade.

Regards,

Rich

Hi @rseddon : I want to upgrade nexus repository manager OSS from 2.14.1 to 2.14.19.
Can i directly upgrade from 2.14.1 to 2.14.19 or i need to upgrade to previous version first like 2.14.2 , 2.14.3, 2.14.4 …2.14.19 .

You can upgrade directly unless otherwise called out in the documentation.

Thanks @mpiggott : I upgraded nexus repository manager OSS from 2.14.1 to 2.14.19 .