Yum Repository update

When does Nexus run the createrepo?

1. Schedule: every N minute
  2. Right after file(s) upload

Is it possible to upload multiple files within one session? So that when it updates the repository we can assure that all files have been uploaded?

I think I found it mentioned on the documentation:
https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager3/yum-repositories

When an RPM is uploaded, the Yum metadata will be generated after the configured value (default 60 seconds).

With “Generate yum metadata”, I reckon this mean the repodata created by createrepo?

Can the repository become broken if I upload files just as it is running its scheduled update?

Is it possible to upload multiple files within one session? So that when it updates the repository we can assure that all files have been uploaded?

There is no “multi-file upload” if that is what you are looking for but you can upload multiple RPMs within the configured createrepo window.

With “Generate yum metadata”, I reckon this mean the repodata created by createrepo?

Correct

Can the repository become broken if I upload files just as it is running its scheduled update?

Nope it is designed to handle this and will run another rebuild 60 seconds later.

The default update is 60 seconds. I can probably upload several files within that window.
But at the time of upload I do not know when the next window is. In 50 seconds or 5 seconds.

This is good. Makes the previous issue of uploading several RPMs less a problem.

We have issues with occasionally failing createrepo after our builds, so thinking moving to Nexus can solve our problems.