Sonatype has planned a scheduled maintenance of the Nexus IQ Data Services on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019 at approximately 9:30 PM EDT. The expected maintenance window is 30 minutes.
- EDT - 9:30 PM Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019
- UTC - 1:30 AM Thursday, April 4th, 2019
- IST - 7:00 AM Thursday, April 4th, 2019
During the period, users will be unable to submit IQ Server application evaluations. This includes Nexus Lifecycle and Auditor.
How does this maintenance benefit my organization?
This is proactive maintenance in an effort to continue to provide reliant and performant IQ Server evaluations.
What is the immediate impact of this maintenance window to my organization?
During the maintenance window, users will be unable to submit Nexus IQ Server application evaluations:
- Application evaluations in-flight: For evaluations that have already been initiated (e.g. Jenkins build) and have not yet completed prior to the start of the maintenance window, an out of service response from the Nexus IQ Data Services will be propagated to the client when next polled. By default, Sonatype CI plugins are configured to fail open when IQ Services are not available. Although builds will be marked unstable, they will not fail as a result of the IQ evaluation unless the default setting was altered by the end user.
- Application evaluations submitted during window: For evaluations that are initiated during the window, the client will first perform the localized fingerprinting analysis on-premise. When the analysis completes, it will poll the Nexus IQ Data Services and receive an out of service response after a short period of time. By default, Sonatype CI plugins are configured to fail open when IQ Services are not available. Although builds will be marked unstable, they will not fail as a result of the IQ evaluation unless the default setting was altered by the end user.
What are the proactive measures to help prepare for the maintenance window?
Since all Nexus IQ Server application evaluations during the maintenance window will be impacted, here are a few recommendations on how best to prepare:
- Communicate this scheduled maintenance to your developers.
- If you have modified the default fail open setting for Sonatype CI plugins, consider resetting to the default. This will allow builds to proceed during the maintenance window.
Where can I monitor the status of the Nexus IQ Data Services?
You can monitor the status of the Nexus IQ Data Services on our official Sonatype status page:
Should users expect additional scheduled maintenance going forward?
Yes. Sonatype takes great care to ensure our services are highly available. This can require periodic maintenance. Our aim is to minimize any impact during these periods. In the event there is an impact, we are committed to ensuring our customers are updated in advance of the planned maintenance.
Where can I ask additional questions?
You can reply directly to this post. If you are not already registered with the Sonatype User Community, you will be prompted to create an account. This will empower you to create and reply to other threads initiated by both the Sonatype team and your community peers. Notifications can be easily configured to ensure you are aware of updates for a specific thread and/or important announcements within the Community.