OPageIsBrokenException Causing DB to Switch into Read Only Mode

Hi, I met the following db error frequently when using nexus 3.29

021-07-22 07:07:02,519+0000 WARN  [qtp32805236-1684]  *UNKNOWN org.sonatype.nexus.repository.httpbridge.internal.ViewServlet - Failure servicing: GET /repository/golang/gomod.alauda.cn/asm-operatorlib/@v/v0.0.2.zip
com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OPageIsBrokenException: Following files and pages are detected to be broken ['asset_name_ci_idx.sbt' :41;], storage is switched to 'read only' mode. Any modification operations are prohibited. To restore database and make it fully operational you may export and import database to and from JSON.
        DB name="component"
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.impl.local.OAbstractPaginatedStorage.checkLowDiskSpaceRequestsAndReadOnlyConditions(OAbstractPaginatedStorage.java:5144)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.impl.local.OAbstractPaginatedStorage.commit(OAbstractPaginatedStorage.java:1729)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic.doCommit(OTransactionOptimistic.java:541)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic.commit(OTransactionOptimistic.java:99)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.document.ODatabaseDocumentTx.commit(ODatabaseDocumentTx.java:2908)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.document.ODatabaseDocumentTx.commit(ODatabaseDocumentTx.java:2870)
        at org.sonatype.nexus.repository.storage.StorageTxImpl.commit(StorageTxImpl.java:195)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor54.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

There is alao a orientdb issue here DB going to “Read Only Mode” · Issue #8031 · orientechnologies/orientdb (github.com)
Can i upgrade the orientdb to version 3.x to fix it? Thanks for any help.

1 Like

No, its not possible to use other versions of Orient with Nexus, further I doubt that OrientDB issue is related to what you’re encountering.

You’ve encountered some sort of database corruption that you’ll need to repair, the error message gives a suggestion what to do.

Thanks for your reply, I have repaired the database manually, but it happens so frequently that I can not use it in production, do you a suggestion what should I do next?

@airycanon As we are facing the same or at least a similar issue, could you please let me know what you did to manually fix the DB?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Martin